Lifestyle

Heres how to easily make your own aloe vera gel

By  | 

Aloe Vera gel has many health benefits for the body. See how you can make your own aloe gel.

aloe

Aloe Vera is a succulent plant species and it is usually cited as being used in herbal medicine since the beginning of the first century AD. Aloe extracts are widely used in cosmetics and alternative medicine industries, being marketed as variously having rejuvenating, healing, or soothing properties.

Aloe is about 99 percent water, with the remaining 1 percent containing powerful properties and is thought that the ingredients in aloe work very well together. It contains minerals that are vital to the growth process and healthy function of all the bodys systems. The ingredients in Aloe are vitamins, minerals, sugars, enzymes, lignins, amino acids, anthraquinones, saponins, fatty acids, and salicylic acid.

Benefits

-Immune system support
-Detoxifies
-Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
-Excellent for digestion
-Boosts vitamin and mineral intake
-Hair growth
-Treats burns, acne, and hydrates the skin

Ingredients

-1/2 cup of fresh aloe
-1/4 teaspoon lemon acid
-1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
-2 teaspoon coconut oil

Directions

1. Remove external hard part of the aloe and remove the liquid using a spoon
2. Leave the leaf for several minutes to extract the liquid
3. Put ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a homogeneous liquid

Sources:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Aloe-Vera-Gel/

http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Make_Your_Own_Aloe_Vera_Gel

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/547490/aloe-vera-juice-benefits-they-are-endless.html

Article originally published on buynongmoseeds.com